The old one…..
I put this binder together in early 2013 after I took over paying the bills. I needed something a little more than just putting bills in a bucket and risking not getting something paid on time. It made my brain crazy to do it that way. So I set off to print each month from iCalendar. I created dividers out of scrapbook cardstock, packing tape, and “labels” that I just printed and cut out. This helped tremendously to help me know when to pay what. Also, I kept the bills for the year in case I needed go back and look at a previous bill for anything.
Now, with finances getting a little tighter, I need to better keep track of everything. So I created some budget planning sheets. I searched the internet looking for budget planners and none of them seemed to suit our needs. We get paid weekly, but Berkley receives bonuses at different times of the year and it was just easier to create my own since not all our weeks or months are the same as the rest.
Now, this is what will work for us (hopefully). I’ve been keeping track for a couple months now in just a regular notebook so I could make sure of how I wanted to design it. If you think they will work for you, give them a try. You should be able to save the image to print it. If you like them but want them all blank, send me an email (email@example.com) and I’ll customize them and email them back.
I also switched the binder (and dividers) to one I had used for a different project. No sense using a boring ol’ black notebook when I have this pretty one not being used. Also, since the “new” one doesn’t have pockets in the inside covers (the dividers have pockets) I used a binder clip to hold the checkbook in the front cover. The only thing that could be better is if the “new” binder was 1.5″ instead of just 1″. But I am not complaining, I did this all without spending money! See, you can organize without for FREE!